FourFour two years ago, a woman’s boyfriend took her to a dance in the US, where he tried to give her a blowjob and make out with her.
The next day, she wrote a blog post that went viral.
“When it comes time to have sex with a partner, I usually do so in a way that is comfortable and I know that I can trust them, because they have made me feel safe,” she wrote.
She went on to tell her story of sexual assault, including being sexually harassed by an ex-boyfriend, and shared the experiences of women who have come forward with their own experiences of sexual harassment.
In one of the most widely shared posts, she explained how she had been sexually assaulted by an “old man” in her twenties.
It was, she said, the first time she’d experienced something like that.
A few days later, she was contacted by the BBC about an article about a woman who had been “sexually assaulted” by a man who had worked for her for four years.
One of the women in the article, who was in her 30s at the time, had previously written about her experience of sexual violence.
“I’m a woman.
I’m a survivor,” she said in the piece.
I know how she feels. “
The woman who made that decision for me, who had my back, I’m sorry.
I know how she feels.
I am also a survivor.”
The BBC contacted the woman and was told that the article was “an example of a particular type of online harassment”.
“I have heard about online harassment, and the kind of thing you get, the kinds of things that are posted on the internet, I have never experienced,” she told the broadcaster.
“My experience has not been a sexual one.”
“It is not a crime, so it doesn’t affect me at all.”
The woman, who has now moved to Australia, told the BBC that she did not want to comment on the article’s validity, but said that her experience was “not about the perpetrator” and that it was “part of a larger pattern of misogyny”.
“I think it is a really important thing to recognise that men who rape and sexually assault women have a right to be treated with dignity, with respect, with compassion,” she added.
On Thursday, the ABC published an article by a woman named Katerina Linares, who told how she was assaulted by a group of men while she was at a party in the city of Barcelona.
Her story was shared widely and sparked an outpouring of support for her.
The story prompted a similar outpouring on Friday.
Hundreds of women shared their stories in an online hashtag called #IamNotABeen.
Some shared how they had been harassed, with many describing how they were physically assaulted.
More than 4,000 people shared their own stories on Twitter.
Many of those who shared their experiences said they felt they had done nothing wrong and were being accused of “saying too much”.
But many others said they had faced harassment and abuse online for speaking out.
The ABC has contacted the BBC for comment.